Gelatin is a substance composed from the amino acids glycine and proline. It is derived from the bones, fibrous tissues, and organs of animals. These amino acids are important for normal hair and nail growth, healthy skin as well boosting the immune system.
It is well known that in hospitals, one of the meals that are given to sick people is jelly. If you ever wonder why, in this article you will find out the answer.
Jelly is one of the easiest foods for the body to digest, similar to water, tea, etc.
For the patients in hospital which stomach cannot handle food that is more difficult to digest, is given jelly in order to extract calories need for the body without many effort for the body. Gelatin stimulates the secretion of gastric acid and restores a healthy mucosal lining of the stomach, which in turn improves the gut integrity and digestive strength. Gelatin is also good for healthy bowel movements and good intestinal transit by absorbing water and keeping fluids in the digestive tract.
Great Benefits from Consuming Gelatin
1. Gelatin is rich in proteins. One tbsp. of gelatin contain even 6 grams of protein, so if your body need more proteins, include gelatin in your diet.
2. Gelatin extract the water from the water we intake, and on that way eases the digestion.
3. Consuming gelatin on daily basis will also help deal the stomach issues as well treat food intolerance and allergies.
4. Thanks to the high amount of amino acids, gelatin i super ingredient for healthy bones and joints.
5. Glycine, an active ingredient found in gelatin helps in elimination of the toxins out of liver.
6. Gelatin also contains keratin, a strong protein which is crucial for healthy hair, nails, teeth, and skin.
7. Gelatin enhance the elasticity of your skin, so its constant consumption helps you look much healthier and younger than any other collagen facial cream.
8. Glycine also act as potent anti-inflammatory agent, so gelatin i great for healing wounds.
9. A study was conducted in order to find out the effect of gelatin on the sleeping. The results were that eating gelatin regularly improves the sleeping significantly.
10. If you are struggling with excess weight, gelatin can help to lose it and boost your metabolism. Here is a recipe for tasty, health homemade jelly:
– 1 cup green tea
– Honey or stevia
– 3 tbsp unflavored gelatin
– 1 cup orange juice
– 1 cup grape juice or fresh strawberries
Cook the green tea and add honey or stevia, as you prefer. Next, stir in the unflavored gelatin and let it dissolve.
Then, remove from heat and allow it to cool off.
Add the orange juice and grape juice and replace the mixture into a container and keep it refrigerated for at least 3 hours before consuming.