Back in World War II, two scientists invented a special tube that produced microwave power called the magnetron.
When combined within Britain’s radar system, these microwaves were able to locate Nazi airplanes and foiled an attempted bombing.
Several years later Percy LeBaron Spencer of the infamous Raytheon Company (part of the military industrial complex) found out that microwaves also actually cook food. What he discovered was that radar waves actually melted a candy bar in his pocket. As a result, the first microwave oven was called the Radar Range and was massively oversized.
These strange beginnings help give us some insight as to why more and more researchers are speaking out against microwaves.
How are microwaves dangerous?
Inside of your microwave there are approximately 2.45 billion hertz which is fine IF the seal on your microwave door is not leaking. The frequency amount proven to harm the human body is just a measly 10 hertz. So be cautious and never ever stand near a microwave that is on. You will never actually know that your body is being harmed until after the fact.
How does a microwave harm our bodies?
- Causes birth defects
- Compromised immune system
- Lowered resistance to viral and bacterial infections
- More prone to illness in general
What does the microwave oven do to our food?
- According to a study by Swiss scientist Hans Hertel’s microwaving degrades and depletes food of its nutrients
- The radiation from the microwave degrades and deforms the molecules in food, creating dangerous unwanted radioactive compounds
- In 1992, a study from the Search for Health, researched the effects of participants that consumed microwaved vegetables
The research demonstrated that they experienced:
- Dramatic rise in cholesterol levels
- Decrease in hemoglobin causing an anemic-like conditions
- Decrease in white blood cells
- Increase in leukocyte which indicates poisoning and cell damage
- Microwaved breast milk lost 96% of its antibodies
- Microwaved Infant formulas’ structure is damaged changing the components in amino acids, which creates immunological abnormalities
Even if your microwave oven has been perfectly sealed, you are still at risk of being exposed to harmful levels of electromagnetic fields. These fields, or EMF, can penetrate right through the human body (which is exactly why they are used for x-ray machines) and can cause serious health problems.
The EPA recommends maximum exposure of about .5mG – 2.5mG of EMF. If you stand just 4 inches away from your food cooking in the microwave, you will be exposed to 100 – 500mG. Standing 3 feet away from the operating microwave will expose you to 1 – 25mG. Either way, it poses a health risk.
Microwaves may indeed be faster and also more convenient than a conventional oven, but the nutritional needs of you and your family will end up having to pay both financially and physically later on as a result.
Best course of action is to simply get rid of the microwave!